8/07/2012

Would You Understand?

Warning: Story is Rated 18 written by Oluseyimcfunny and ShyTalkative
Please commence :)


My name is Tumi and I recently turned 20. It has taken 4 years for me to summon up the courage to tell this story, my story. The past years have been filled with agony, cries, and rage. I had even hit an all-time low, my depression had worsened. The doctor said I should continue to write that it would comfort me better. I had nearly given up on life, there were days I considered suicide but I just couldn’t bring myself to it. It would be a selfish thing to do I would convince myself. Don’t judge me as I tell you my story.
I was 16, young, and full of life. I was ready to explore sex, drugs and love at least I thought I was. I loved kissing, smooching, grinding on guys and excessive partying. I was a regular teenager like you. I was told numerous times to slow it down but I never listened. I loved boys too, but I knew better than to wear skirts to any guy’s house. I avoided getting drunk at parties, made sure I came with a wingman and enough money with me so I wouldn't have to depend on anyone. It wasn’t long until I began dreaming of the day I’d lose my virginity. White candles, red roses, scented candles, red wine & slow music. I was a romantic.
On one fateful evening, Fiyin invited me for a party at her house and told me it was gonna be over night. She said it was going to be fun because her parents weren't going to home and there would drinks, food, weed and most importantly, boys. Fiyin was my best friend at least that was what I thought. I picked out a black mini dress that showed off my curves, a red handbag and my favorite Jimmy Choo heels that screamed "fuck me". I told my mum I was going to sleep over at Fiyin’s. I told her she was throwing a slumber party, which was partly true but now I wish I never lied to her. I packed my bags and wore a bum short and a tank top and drove to Fiyin's house. I was right on time and by 9pm, people were strolling into the house. It was really big, 7 bedrooms, 8 baths and it even had a huge pool and a tennis court. Her parents were rich well we were both rich and spoiled. As the crowd grew bigger I immediately changed into my dress and was trying to balance on the shoes cause I've had "a lot of little" to drink. I drank a little more, danced with a few people, kissed some until I began feeling light headed. I went into one of the rooms to lay down for a bit and I think I passed out.
I remember waking up and seeing Fiyin with some boy I didn't recognize, I tried to keep my eyes opened and the next time I managed to there were two boys in the room but she was gone. I wasn’t sure how many minutes had passed but my head was beginning to pound. The loud music didn’t help and I just wanted to get up. Right then, I felt held down like there was another body weighing me down. Alas! There was one onto me, I tried to shake him off but I was too weak. By this time, my dress was bunched up around my waist; I could feel a strange hand caressing my inner things. This couldn’t be happening. He was taking his trouser off, I released a scream but I could hear my voice drowning. It was no match for the vulgar music playing in the house. I shut my eyes tightly in the hopes that everything would go away. Perhaps it was just a nightmare. Without notice, I felt a painful thrust. This guest wasted no time in putting his penis in me, right then I felt the hot tears let loose from my lacrimal glands. He was slow at first but then increased his pace. I was taken against my will, I wanted it to stop but my body betrayed me, I felt myself getting lubricated. I was in so much pain, I prayed for someone to come in, no one did. I passed out again and woke to another boy trying to fit it in me. I couldn’t take it anymore, I tried to scratch him and then he hit me. I pleaded with him to let me go but he didn't! I puked and felt disgusted with myself. I let myself go, I couldn’t fight it anymore. I wasn’t sure how many more people had their way with me that night, I couldn't remember. I passed out.
 When I finally woke up around 1pm the next day, I felt sore, the air in the room made me nauseous and I felt like I just survived a car wreck. I couldn't find my dress but managed to crawl to the bed where I pulled the bed sheet to cover my nakedness. I tried to pull myself up and used every ounce of energy left in me to walk to Fiyin's room. She lay there stripped, battered and almost lifeless. I didn’t know what to do. I shook her badly and called out her names. I was petrified. I was confused. I wouldn’t stop until she let out a cry. She looked in my eyes and held on to me as if I could give her life. I was sad; I wasn’t there to save her. I remember that day like it was yesterday, everyone blamed it on us; even the police said we brought this on ourselves and we should be thankful we weren't killed. I hate the Nigerian Police. They never caught those boys, but every night, before I sleep, I curse them. I wanted everyone and everything they ever loved taken away from them; I showered curses upon their generations. I wanted them miserable as long as they lived. I still carry a lot of hurt in me but people want me to let go. I laugh, if this happened to you, your best friend or your sister, would you tell them to forgive and forget?
 My name is Tunmi and I was raped at 16.

37 comments:

  1. I lost the previous post by mistake and all the comments as well... so feel free to drop your thoughts and thanks to all those who read :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My name s Tunmi........I will NEVER forgive dem ....joy killers.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why drink @ a party(alcohol).I make it a point of duty not to drink anytin @all when I party even when I hang out with close friends.trust no one but urself.rape is bad but u both share part of the blame for putting urselves in a position to get raped.God would deal with those guys but you owe it to urself to let go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ^^ What anon said, everyone needs to be careful.

      Delete
  4. Sad story. Young ones should learn from this .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good read. Its like scenes out of a movie. Nice

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nahh!! Dis is jst too sad :'(

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG this was righteous!!! Something that ladies of all ages needs to read. Def a story of your typical teen dying to grow up & be wanted. I simply loved it fam. Felt like I was reading a novel from mi favorite author. Keep up the good work!!

    ----> @_COCAiNExNERd

    ReplyDelete
  8. daddyTHEfather8/8/12, 5:42 AM

    First of all, not every1 readin this blog is still a teenager. So....

    That being said, I doubt ur countless numbers of curses are gonna work on anybody. You brought it upon urself. U went to a party, u drank irresponsibly and got drunk. The boys drank probably also drank irresponsibly and got horny. What d'u xpect.
    Stop the sulking and quit pushing the blame. U re to blame. Take responsibilty, deal with it, pray to God to forgive u and d boys and friggin move on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. .. :) thanks for reading

      Delete
    2. firstly, thank GOD that humans are not GOD!I'm pretty sure that you personally know that this comment makes NO sense. Are you even serious? they brought it on themselves? if i'm getting you right, you're saying that they deserve to be raped? She drank irresponsibly. agreed. but haven't majority of us done the same thing? so i'm guessing that if this was your sister or someone close to you, you would say the same thing. This is the kind of mentality that has kept Nigeria in the same stagnant position for years. and if you're our "future" i feel for my generation. x

      Delete
  9. Sigh. This has taught me a lot, for a moment i thought her best friend set her up but then again i was wrong. Screw those boys !

    ReplyDelete
  10. :( I don't know what it feels like but I'm really sorry it happened to you..too sad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. its not my personal story but someone else's :) I hope she's doing ok now

      Delete
  11. This is really sad :''(. Yes Nigerian Police are more than useless!!! One of the reasons I don't drink at parties, I advice everyone not to drink at parties!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good work Bee... Rape is never a good thing. U never recover from it, it takes God's grace. Sad much... sad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do believe you, may God keeps us safe. Thanks for reading.

      Delete
  13. Woeful story...Forgetting it ain't easy, in fact forgetting it totally ain't possible, but Tunmi and friend should try and put it behind.

    ReplyDelete
  14. its not bout drinking at parties dy cud also drug ur food or anyfn ts basically bout bein careful n alert nobody said u shudnt party but in everyfn u do in life one shud learn to be moderate.if she hadnt gone for dt particular party we wudnt be reading ds story she wudnt be cursing some guys or full ov regrets. the saying "experience is the best teacher" really works in this context.theres a lesson learnt, a lesson wch u n ur frnd wud neva forget...i hope u get over t tho u av a right to be happy n u deserve d vry best. life is too short to be unhappy..Merci

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nothing much to be said. I know that you know this is a great story that happens every time. this is certainly something that every mother should have her 10-13 year old daughters read 'cos i know i most definitely would.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do agree... parents need to enlighten their kids, this could happen to anyone.

      Delete
  16. Sad story. One of my biggest fears is getting raped. You are a courageous person for sharing your story. Answer to the question at the end: I would never forget such... and it'll take all the strength in me to forgive.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yea I almost 4got. Curses dnt work wen both parties r guilty. So stop wasting ur spit. And if it was my child leaving d haus wt bumshorts and a sleepover wvout calling d oda gurls parents or even knowing dem dts FUCKING IRRESPONSIBLE. So plssss nxt topic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You sound so fucking ignorant, hopefully this doesn't happen to someone you know :) Learn to type like an adult.

      Delete
    2. Shy I disagree with u and I think this person no matter how crude d words were is right. As a parent it is my duty to know were my children are at all times and also know their friends parents too. With the way you ladies dress my question to you is this why do u think your role models like beyonce and rhianna have bodygaurds?So if you can't afford a guard then wear a dress that won't attract predetors. If u trow a bait into the sea to catch a shark, it is not only that shark that will try to eat it. Ponder on that ladies

      Delete
  18. Dis is sad tho....she learnt d hard way...u dnt drink to stupour....not everyone is as fortunate as halima in "a night to remember"... thank God she didn't get preggers for or AIDS frm one of em.....bad things happen...remembering it will kill u slowly...it will be difficult...but try real hard to move on
    @bev....this is a cautionary tale for teenagers nd evn adults...nyc one...but sad one...its ms ozie x

    ReplyDelete