12/31/2011

A New Year Story

So my best friend asked me to write her a "love story" in two tweets before she slept lol. Well I was able to do that but then she asked me to conclude it. I decided to call it "A New Year Story" cos it's close to the new year and we all have wishes we want to come true. This is pure fiction so I hope you enjoy it!


      It was the last day in '11. We stared at one another through the screen of our computers with love in our eyes, he was 100s of miles away but I knew our love had gone through a lot not to last. He blew me a kiss and promised that the year would be the beginning of Us and I smiled. People said it was too good to be true. People told me never to put all my hopes in him but he was the one who never left. I loved him and that was all I knew...The distance didn't matter bcos I had my mind made up and he was the one.
     We made plans to meet eachother & I was excited for that day to come. Spending New Year Eve together was a dream come true, my idea. I had second thoughts while falling for this stranger but all the doubt cleared up as I packed my clothes into my luggage :) ...days drew near and his voice was all I wanted to hear until the day we saw eachother. It soothed me and made me melt. I remained restless for the rest of the night, I couldn't stop thinking of the next couple hourswhen I would finally meet my love.
     Time passed and it was morning. He left me a message "get your sexy ass outta bed ma" I smiled and hurriedly took a shower. My parents bade me goodbye as they dropped me off at the airport. My heart began to beat as I boarded the plane. This was it ...no turning back. I adjusted myself as the Pilot announced the plane would be making its way to Paris in a couple of mins. Paris, city of love. I fell asleep but woke up in time for the plane to touchdown Paris, France. It was 12:13 AM. I was nervous. Mixed emotions. I walked past the gates with my bags dragging beside me. 
     Finally! I looked around and tried to search for him in the crowd. All I saw was a huge afro and a gentleman standing in the corner with his luggage beside him. I bursted out laughing. He did promise he'd stand out. Right then our eyes met. I dropped my bags and ran into his waiting arms. Our lips met as though they were meant for one another. I smiled & knew the rest of my life was gonna be shared with him. "Hi Beverly, you made it!". My thoughts were interrupted but all that didn't matter. I knew I was safe in the arms of the man I love.




 The end. :) Have a Happy New Year!

14 comments:

  1. Interesting, happy new year

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool story nd tz rili nyc;hpe u get wat u lukn 4 dis year,happy new year

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool Story.
    Happy New Year hun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwwww ... What a love story ..Nice story

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Stan thanks, happ new yeary
    @Anon, hopefully
    @Kemi thanks, happy new year
    @Yemi, same to you :D
    @Uche thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this!! Nice one Beverly... You really should be blogging more!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww :') nice work bee.. Its amazing

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Nsuaha, thanks :D
    @Mercy thanks :$

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awwwwww sniff sniff... See dreams... P.s I know who you were thinking about when you wrote this ;).

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Leema big dreams yo! :x I kinda assumed you did :P he read it also.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy new year. And that picture is beautiful :'). I love paris! *not that I've been there sha* but still :*

    ReplyDelete
  12. @MsInfamous Happy new year to you too :D well we all have hopes of visiting the famous city one day.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hehehe dreamer.. bet wait... fly all d way to paris cos of man... n Blind date sef... rme by parents wee swear 4 me.. Nice bet short story sha... :)

    ReplyDelete